These days, it seems like everyone is blogging. Some of the blogs are worth reading while others are a waste of cyber space. If you haven’t jumped on the blogging bandwagon yet, you might be asking yourself…why on earth would a person blog? Let’s take a moment to look at the various appeals of creating a blog.
- Blogs can encourage other people. Turning a personal diary into a blog is a popular trend. The thoughts, emotions, and experiences an individual expresses online can help others overcome similar obstacles in life.
- Blogs create a network of likeminded individuals. Are you passionate about soccer? Is scrapbooking the great love of your life? A blog is a great way to interact with fellow enthusiasts. Share your knowledge with others, and in exchange, learn something from them.
- Blogs help families and friends stay in touch. Because the internet is so readily available, bloggers can easily connect with loved ones both near and far. Start documenting everything – from big activities to little updates – and let everyone know what you’ve been up to. Your loved ones will appreciate the glimpse into your life.
- Blogs can be a revenue source. Share your thoughts with the world and get paid for it! From affiliate links to banner ads to sponsored guest blogging to product reviews, there are tons of ways a blog can bring in some extra money.
- Blogs can be used to initiate change. Many people start a blog because they feel passionately about something. Are you a political junkie? Share your own opinions and links to other likeminded bloggers. Do you want to help raise awareness for cancer research? Encourage survivors to share their stories. Could your religious viewpoints benefit someone else? Share your testimony online.
- Blogs can be used to promote a product or service. Are you a life coach? Share some of your wisdom on a blog; it could entice future clients. Do you sell items on etsy.com? Start a blog about creative endeavors and use it to drive traffic to your storefront. Are you own a salon? A blog about trendy hairstyles could snag the attention of potential customers.
The best part about running your own blog is you can say anything you want! And surely, you have something to say. Why not share your thoughts with the world? Who knows – you might inspire someone, create a new friendship, or earn tons of money!
Author Lucia Funes runs a blog for Trim Nutrition. The weight loss company uses the blog to promote their products.