Most business owners normally want to find an easy way of marketing their businesses effectively. To do this, most of them normally concentrate on methods such as the use of online ads or SEO for their websites. Many do not think about using blogs for this, which is a surprise since blogs are very popular these days. Most of the well-established ones record visitors in the hundreds of thousands each month, which means that they are the perfect vehicles for marketing. So, how to using a blog for marketing business ?
If you are interested in using blogs for marketing, you do not need to start your own from scratch. This is a process that can take very long, and also needs one to spend quite a bit of effort to do it. The best thing to do in such cases is to take advantage of sites that are already established. The steps for doing so include:
How To Using A Blog For Marketing Business:
Find the blog that you are interested in
The first step to doing this kind of marketing is finding the blog you are going to use for the marketing. Of course, not all blogs will be ideal for such use. You therefore need a few criteria to find out which the best one is. Some of these criteria include:
- The relevance of the site to your product or service – for instance, if you run a tech-related company, it would not make sense to use a blog that deals with relationship issues for marketing. You need to find a blog that deals with topics that are relevant to the goods or services you provide.
- The amount of traffic that the blog gets – the higher the traffic, the more the number of people will see your campaign, and the more successful it will be. You can find out the traffic details of any site using online tools such as Alexa.
- The general layout of the blog – ideally, the blog needs to look professionally done. Remember, if you succeed in placing ads or any other marketing tools on the site, the blog will essentially represent your company.
Once you find the ideal blog or blogs, you can then move on to the next step which is detailed below.
Contact the blog owner to pitch your idea
Most of these blogs have contact details for their owners. You can use these to send an email or simply leave a message for the owner. You should explain your interest in forming a partnership with them, and they can then tell you whether they are interested in your idea or not.
Work out the terms of the relationship
If the blogger agrees to let you use his or her blog for marketing, you would need to then discuss details on how you are going to do this. Issues that you should expect to have to deal with include:
- The kind of marketing you are going to do – for instance, are you going to place ads that will link back to your company’s site, or do you want them to do a review of your business on the blog so that people can be encouraged to visit it?
- The duration of the partnership. If you need the blogger to simply write a review, it is often something that is only done once. If you are going to be the sponsor on the blog, however, you need to discuss how long you are going to stay in the partnership.
- How much you are willing to pay them.
- What you expect out of the blogger – for instance, if you are going to pay for sponsorship, you may need to give them limits as to how many visitors visit the blog. For example, if you notice that the numbers drop sharply for several consecutive months, it would be safe to assume that the blog is no longer worth it, and in such cases you would need to terminate the partnership to avoid paying for low quality service.
- The means of payment that you are willing to use
Formally starting the campaign
Once you agree on all the above, you can then start the process of marketing, such as by creating banners that the blogger will post on the blog. The process of using a blogger for marketing in this manner may seem tedious, but it is often extremely profitable!