WP Lightbox 2 plugin used to add the lightbox (overlay) effect to the current page images on your WordPress blog. Used to overlay images on the current page. Extension of Lightbox 2 which features ‘auto-lightboxing’ of image links, courtesy of Michael Tysonand and Lightbox2 .
Just install and sit back. This plugin enable image overlay lighbox effect for all the post images in your wordpress plugin. No configuration required. From 2.1, the default view changed to Colorbox due to the license regulation by the plugin directory.
You may like to read : How to Use WP Lightbox 2 WordPress Plugin
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
WP Lightbox 2 Plugin is fully compatible with with latest version of WordPress
You can download the latest version of WP Lightbox 2 or the most popular old version here:
- Default view changed to Colorbox due to the license regulation by the plugin directory.
- Works on all modern browsers.
- Group related images in post and navigate through them with ease.
- Backwards Compatibility.
- No configuration required.
- 5 Inbuilt theme.
- Lightbox display of Gallery.
To do a new installation of the plugin, please follow these steps
1. Download the zipped plugin file to your local machine.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Upload the `WP-lightbox-2` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
4. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Optionally, go to the Options page and select a new Lightbox colour scheme. (applicable till version 2.0)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why doesn’t plugin is working for me?
Answers: Check the following reasons:
You have changed the plugin folder’s name to something other than “lightbox-2″.
The problem is with your WordPress theme, mangling image display properties. Use another theme, that doesn’t interfere with posted images.
You have other plugins that conflict with Lightbox
Disable your other plugins and see if that helps. If it does, re-enable each plugin, one at a time to see which one is causing the conflict.
Question: It doesn’t work properly in Browser X (Explorer 6, 7, etc)?
Answer: Yes it does. The problem is with your WordPress theme, mangling image display properties. Use another theme, or change your theme’s Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
Question: How do I create a thumbnail gallery?
Answer: Upload images to a post (see previous question) and use WordPress’ built-in gallery shortcode:
link="file"– this is crucial! By default the gallery will link your humbnails to a page displaying your image. With
link="file"the thumbnails links directly to the image files – allowing Lightbox to function.
This plugin is based on the Lighbox 2 plugin and this project
Please your question I wll eply in 48 hours.