“The UbiSlate Smartphone/Tablets contain High Definition video co-processors for a high-quality multimedia experience and core graphics accelerator for faster application support”. The devices have WiFi & GPRS connectivity allowing anytime & anywhere internet access and phone functionality. A standard USB port is integrated into the unit allowing pen-drives, external keyboards, web-cams, and other inexpensive peripherals can be attached. An optional 3G modems can be also supported via USB.
There are so many features which makes it a very hi-fi,smartphone.Like,
- Connect via GPRS or WiFi.
- GPRS: Embedded modem eliminates the need for external dongles and allows Internet access everywhere.
- WiFi: Allows fast Youtube videos at hotspots.
- Fast web access even on GPRS networks, across the country using DataWind’s patented acceleration technology .
- High Quallity Video Streaming & HD Quality Video Playback,
- Games, Full Office suite, Educational software, Over 150,000 apps!
- Expandable memory to 32GB.
- Use any ordinary pen-drive.
- Android OS 2.3
- Cortex A8, 800 Mhz Processor with HD Video Co Processor.
- 256 MB RAM
- Storage: (Internal) 2GB Flash / (External) 2GB to 32GB Supported.
- Peripherals: 1 Standard USB Port.
- Audio Out: 3.5mm jack .
- Display and Resolution: 7″ Display with 800×480 pixels .
- High Quality Video Streaming & HD Quality Video Playback.
- Input Devices: Resistive Touch Screen.
- Connectivity with GPRS & WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g.
- Battery: 3000 mAh Upto 180 minutes of battery, AC adaptor 200.240 volts.
Differences between Akash/UbiSlate7 and UbiSlate7+ :
- Aakash and UbiSlate7 are names of the same product. Aakash is the name given to the product being supplied to the Government of India and it is securing quantities to deliver to students across India at a subsidized price. UbiSlate7 is the name for the commercial version made available for all. Where as UbiSlate7+ is the next generation of UbiSlate7/Aakash which comes with upgraded features.
- Ubislate7+ will have a GPRS module ensuring SIM and phone functionality and can be used to make phone calls. Ubislate7/Aakash does not support SIM and phone functionality.
- No cameras are pre-installed in any device.
- GetJar App Store will be preinstalled on all Ubislate7 and Ubislate7+ devices giving the users an option to download thousands of apps of their choice.
- Users will be able to choose from a large variety of games on these devices.
- Aakash/UbiSlate7 is a series of Android-based Tablet computers developed by British company DataWind.It is manufactured by the India-based company” Quad”, at a new production centre in “Hyderabad”(India). The Tablet was officially launched as the Aakash in New Delhi on 5 October 2011. It was developed as part of the country’s aim to link 25,000 colleges and 400 universities in an e-learning program. In 2011, Kapil Sibbal(India’s Minister of Human Resource Development)announced an expected low-cost computing device to compete with the One Laptop per Child (OLPC) enterprise, though intended for urban college students rather than the OLPC’s rural, underprivileged students.