Q What is Sharepoint?
Ans: Portal collaboration Software.
Q What is the difference between SharePoint Portal Server and Windows SharePoint Services?Ans: SharePoint Portal Server is the global portal offering features like global navigation and searching.Windows SharePoint Services is more content management based with document libraries andlists. You apply information to certain areas within your portal from windows sharepoint Services or directly to portal areas.
Q What is a document library?
Ans: A document library is where you upload your core documents. They consist of a row and columnview with links to the documents. When the document is updated so is the link on your site. Youcan also track metadata on your documents. Metadata would consist of document properties.
Q What is a meeting workspace?
Ans: A meeting workspace is a place to store information, attendees, and tasks related to a specificmeeting.
Q What is a document workspace?
Ans: Document workspaces consist of information surrounding a single or multiple documents.
Q What is the difference between a document library and a form library?
Ans:Document libraries consist of your core documents. An example would be a word document,excel, Powerpoint, visio, pdf, etc… Form libraries consist of XML forms.
Q What is a web part zone?
Ans: Web part zones are what your web parts reside in and help categorize your web parts when designing a page.
Q How is security managed in SharePoint?
Ans: Security can be handled at the machine,domain, or sharepoint level.
Q What is a site definition?
Ans: It’s a methods for providing prepackaged site and list content.
Q What is a template?
A template is a pre-defined set of functions or settings that can be used over time. There are manytemplates within SharePoint,Site Templates, Document Templates, Document Library and ListTemplates.
Q How do you install web parts?
Ans: Web Parts should be distributed as a .CAB (cabinet) file using the MSI Installer.
Q What is CAML?
Ans: CAML stands for Collaborative Application Markup Language and is an XML-based languagethat is used in Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services to define sites and lists, including, for Eg, fields, views, or forms, but CAML is also used to define tables in the Windows SharePoint Servies database during site provisioning.
Q What is a DWP?
Ans: The file extension of a web part.
Q What is the GAC?
Ans: Global Assembly Cache folder on the server hosting SharePoint. You place your assemblies there for web parts and services to share them.
Q What are the differences between web part page gallery, site gallery,Virtual server galleryand online gallery?
Ans: Web Part Page Gallery is the default gallery that comes installed with SharePoint. Site Gallery isspecific to one site. Virtual Server gallery is specific to that virtual server and online gallery aredownloadable web parts from Microsoft.
Q What is the difference between a site and a web?
Ans: The pages in a web site generally cover one or more topics and are interconnected through hyperlinks. Most Websites have a home page as their starting point. While a Web is simply a blank site with SharePoint functionality built in; meaning you have to create the site from the ground up.
1. What kind of work you did on Share Point Portal?
2. What is WebPart and how is differe from Web User Control?
3. What are Pros and Cons of WebParts?
4. How you communicate between WebParts?
5. What are the configurations you make to communicate between WebParts?
6. What is difference between WSS and Share Point Portal?
7. What are the things you cannot achieve in WSS compare to SPS?
8. Is it possible to migrate old SPS Portal to SPS 2003?
9. Can the migration tools convert all your code?
10. What are the changes you need to do after migrating old SPS to new SPS
11. What are the top level objects?
12. How do you access a list inside an InfoPath Document?
13. What are the events occurred on Document?
14. What is the Interface you will implement for an events call?
15. Have you work with Microsoft Office with Share Point Portal 2003?
16. How you display Excel in Share Point Portal?
17. How u integrate Outlook with Share Point Portal?
18. Do you follow any standard for Share Point Portal?
19. What is the check lists needed before moving to production mode?
20. What the configuration you need to make for Internet based Share Point Portal site?
21. Have you used any tools to check C# coding standards?
22. How you do your unit testing?
23. Do you use any mechanism to create a stub for NUnit?
24.How do you access WebParts Data from InfoPath?
25. Do u have experience on Share Point Portal administration ?
26. What is Custom List ?
27.What is back end use SPS 2003 ?
28.Can there i use oracle as my back end?
29.Explain Security Model in SPS 2003?
30.How the search happening in SPS 2003?
31.What is difference in View and List?
32.What is role of WSS in SPS 2003?
33.What is role of Active Directory in SPS 2003 ?
34.Can i operate SPS 2003 without Active Directory?
35.What is SitreGroup ?
36.What is Site Collection?