What are MTS video files?
These files are a format that are used for high definition videos. They are otherwise known as a high definition “MPEG Transport Stream” video format (MTS) and are commonly referred to as an AVCHD file. You find them in a range of camcorders from Sony and Panasonic (and some others).
They are based on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream and they are able to support formats made in both 720p and 1080i HD video formats so look incredibly crisp and clear. Jointly developed by both Sony and Panasonic in 1996, the AVCHD stands for “Advanced Video Codec High Definition”.
How to recover lost or deleted MTS video files
So there you are, your high definition(HD) camcorder in hand and have recorded a number of memorable videos and your files are saved automatically in the AVCHD MTS format. You go to watch them and find out that they are corrupted and can no longer be viewed.
What do you do? Run, scream, cry or shout? What steps can be taken to recover MTS video files? Let’s take a closer look at MTS file recovery and how you can get your peace of mind restored without becoming too frantic or distressed.
There are a number of options and advice out there but most methods never seem to offer full and practical recovery. You may well end up going round in circles for hours and are never able to fully recover the files.
You have to make sure that your SD card is not re-written to again as any new video files written to the card will start to write over old files and then recovery will be an impossible option. The next step is to try free software but while some of them recover some files, not all of them do as they claim so frustration will quickly set in.
Introducing “Wondershare Data Recovery”
When MTS file recovery is getting on your nerves, this free trial software is available for both PC and MAC. It is simple and easy to install and set up. It is compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP and MAC too. With a couple of simple clicks you can recover MTS video files with ease.
They have a standard mode and also a wizard option so that file recovery really is as simple as a few clicks.
- With the wizard, follow the steps. They will ask you “what type of files do you want to recover?”
- Simply select “Video” by checking the radio button next to the video option.
- The next step is to choose the location where the files were lost or corrupted. This simply tells the software where it needs to start searching. On the next page you can select “deep scan” for a more thorough scan, but this will take more time to perform the overall scan.
- Then press the “start” button at the bottom.
- Once the scan is complete simply select which files you want to recover by clicking to place a check mark in the box at the side of the files you are looking to recover.
- Then press the Blue recover button. MTS file recovery has never been this easy! Simply save the files to a “new” location away from the original location for safety.